Working together for children and families
In Quebec, too many children are victims of poverty. In fact, poverty affects nearly 15% of children in the province. In Montreal, this rate jumps to nearly one child in three. Poverty has many faces, but it’s always hard to see how it hurts children. Children born into poverty have a high chance of being malnourished and having health problems. Their emotional, physical, intellectual and social development is also affected. In other words, their futures are at risk.
In 2016, Feed a Child supported 20 community agencies in Quebec
To launch its Feed a Child program in 2000, the LÉGER FOUNDATION aimed to go beyond food aid. In addition to providing meals and snacks, the selected agencies organize a range of activities and services for disadvantaged children that promote their emotional, intellectual and social development and give them a solid foundation for the future.
- Cooking workshops
- Access to social housing
- Training and social reintegration
- Support and food security
Thank you for believing, as we do, in the potential of these children and their families as well as in a more just, open and dignified world.
Organizations supported by Feed a Child
- Bouffe-Action de Rosemont (Montréal)
- Carrefour Communautaire St-Paul, Secteur Ste-Thérèse (Saguenay – Lac-St-Jean)
- Chez Émilie, Maison d’Entraide Populaire (Montréal)
- Comité Gendron (Côte-Nord)
- Cuisine Collective Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (Montréal)
- L’ABC de la famille (Montérégie)
- La Maison des enfants de l’Île de Montréal (Montréal)
- La Maison des Parents Bordeaux-Cartierville (Montréal)
- Les Fourchettes de l’Espoir (Montréal)
- Maison des enfants Marie-Rose (Montérégie)
- Maison des familles de Verdun (Montréal)
- Maison Pause-Parent (Laurentides)
- Regroupement Partage (Montréal)
- Répit-Providence, Maison Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (Montréal)
- Service d’Entraide de Pintendre (Chaudière-Appalaches)
- Soutien aux familles réfugiées et immigrantes de l’Estrie (Estrie)
Want to contribute to the campaign?
Feed a child is more than just a fundraiser. It is a major information and fundraising campaign aimed at raising the public’s awareness towards the reality of Quebec’s most vulnerable children. To find out more and discover two organizations that we are helping concretely with your donations, we invite you to read the Feed a child newsletter.
The LÉGER FOUNDATION always needs new people to support its mission, whether it’s by donating or simply following us on social media. You can also share the campaign on your social networks to make a gesture of support to the cause of children and families supported by Feed a child.
Do you want to help concretely the cause of vulnerable children and families in Quebec? We invite you to donate online for the Feed a child campaign. Please note that 100% of the donations received go directly to the Feed a Child program. Thank you for your generosity!